VM3616A 16-CHANNEL, 16-BIT DAC/WAVEFORM GENERATOR
- 16 independent 16-bit D/A converters per instrument for high speed signal generation
- Up to 48 D/A converters per VXIbus C-Size slot
- ±20V and ±10V output ranges
- Up to 100 kSa/s Arbitrary Waveform Generation with internal programmable clock
- FIFO mode allows high-speed uninterrupted data output
- Data storage and scan lists speed testing
- Extensive triggering capability
- SCPI compatible
- VXIplu&play drivers
Product DescriptionThe VM3616A provides 16 independent channels of a digital to analog converters (DACs) with 16 bits of resolution. Each channel consists of an independent DAC combined with an output amplifier. Along with static output operation, the VM3616A provides a FIFO mode where the selected channels can accept and output a continuous stream of data. The VM3616A also offers arbitrary waveform generation (AWG) mode which supports sophisticated looping and branching to build complex waveforms without the system controller’s intervention. The data may be paced out of the instrument by using either a user-supplied clock or the internal programmable timer.
The VM3616A is the highest density arbitrary waveform generator available on the VXIbus platform, offering up to 48 channels in a single-wide, C-size VXIbus module, and is ideal for automotive and medical applications where multiple low frequency signals need to be generated.
This module is part of the VMIP™ family of instruments and can be combined with up to two other modules to form a high-density VXIbus instrument that fully utilizes the capabilities of the VMIP™.