VM9000 VMIP BASE UNIT (HOLDS THREE INSTRUMENTS)
- Makes a single VXIbus card slot three times more powerful than single device solutions
- Designed for high performance instrumentation
- Open-platform, allowing product design with mixed or matched instruments provided by other suppliers
- Reduces the size and cost of test and data acquisition
Product DescriptionThe award winning VXI Modular Instrumentation Platform (VMIP™) provides customers with a level of modularity for instruments that is unmatched in the industry. The VMIP™ makes a single VXIbus card slot three times more powerful than single device solutions. Each VMIP™ instrument can be mixed and matched with other VMIP™ devices for added flexibility.
The VMIP™ is designed for high performance instrumentation, (for example 6.5 digit DMMs, 1 ns counter/timers, 50 MSa/s AWG), and supports all aspects of the VXI specification including access to all seven power supply lines, TTLbus triggers, and interrupts. Each VMIP™ product is an independent VXIbus device with its own unique logical address (ULA) and VXIplug&play drivers.
The VMIP™ is an open-platform, allowing anyone to design a product that can be mixed and matched with other VMIP™ instruments found VTI Instruments or from other suppliers. To aid in development, VTI Instruments offers a complete prototyping module (VM7000) that allows custom instruments/circuitry to be integrated into the VMIP™ family.
More than 20 unique instrument modules are available on the platform, bringing robust performance and design flexibility to ATE systems. VMIP™ products are the choice of many system developers with over 1000 VM9000 base units shipped per year. VMIP™ products have enabled designers of the following systems to leverage off the most popular modular mezzanine platform on the market:
• Boeing 777 NxGen
• Lockheed LMSTAR Avionics
• Raytheon STEP Missile Testers
• International Trucking ECM EITS
• Dell Computer ESS Testing
• Schlumberger Drill Head PCB
• Delphi R&D